The Design-Build Process:
This service is provided to those clients who would like to deal with an architect/builder instead of the typical architect-client-builder relationship. The advantage to this concept is the whole process is simplified with the architect overseeing the design that he knows better than anyone else. Monetarily the construction administration fee from the architect is eliminated as the architect/builders oversees the project.
- Pre-Design: We meet with client to determine your needs for space and function within that space. From here we develop a description of your space requirements and nature of each space. We analyze the site conditions and confirm the land development regulations related to your site. It is important to establish a budget to assess if the budget is adequate to complete the project.
- Schematic Design: The design solution is developed. We prepare site and floor plans, elevation, 3D views and preliminary construction costs.
- Design Development: We refine the plans to include the size of the rooms, all exterior and interior finishes, determining the project’s systems, sizes and types of windows and doors, built is, hardware, lighting and landscape design. Our consultants: mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and structural engineers are included in the final design decisions. Throughout this phase the construction costs are revised to reflect the scope of work.
- Construction Documents: This phase includes adding the final details and technical information to the drawings. These drawings are used to submit for building department permits and from which the contractor has a set of instruction from which to build the project. A final construction cost is compiled after construction documents have been completed.
- Construction Phase: The architect/builders oversees the project. All coordination comes from one source, the architect/builder, which reduced the architectural fees in the construction administration phase of the project.